Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MyFitnessPal = my fitness friend


Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I started MyFitnessPal about a week ago and, even with its quirks, I really like it. Its format is very similar to LiveStrong (count calories and exercise), but is more of a community forum. The calorie counter is almost as nice as Daily Plate's, but the food selection is just not quite as good. MFP is all about people encouraging people. There are tons of blogs and an endless sea of advice.

You have your own news feed, kind of like Facebook, where people can comment on your progress and workouts. I think having people keep tabs on you keeps you motivated and is encouraging.

I only have a few friends on MFP by-choice - and only one is someone I met on site. The news feeds can get a little out of control and distracting with strangers, so having people I actually know on it is nice.

If anyone wants to be my "Pal", lemme know! :)

Good luck and stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment