Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apple Bread



I had some apples that were a little too ripe to just chomp on, so I went for it.

Its my mini-loaf stone pan's debut performance, and it surpassed expectations. The stoneware really cooks things evenly and nicely. My favorite stoneware piece is my pizza stone. Whether you are making pizza from scratch or cooking a frozen store-bought one, it cooks the dough so evenly with out any burnt/raw spots.

Here is the apple bread recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com (such a great site).

I switched things up a little... used 1 egg + 1 egg white, only 2.5 cups of flour then 1/3 cup flax seed, 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar (you could probably cut the sugar a little more too), 1/2 cup of apple sauce instead of veggie oil (I topped off the half cup of apple sauce with a little oil, maybe 1/2 Tbs). This adds protein and fiber while cutting carbs and calories, as well as skimming off some cholesterol and fat.

I peeled the apples with a standard veggie peeler.



I cored them with my apple corer/slicer. Then I used a cheese grater to grate them instead of chopping them.



Delicious! And pretty easy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... it IS the season for apple yumminess! I'm proud of you for making it healthier :)

    ReplyDelete