Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shredding

Ok. So post holidays and after about 6 months of just being plain lazy, the hubbs and I decided we needed to make a change to not be so "fluffly". We decided to go veggie for a little while to explore new foods and sort of jump start a healthy lifestyle.

In addition, yesterday we started the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred Challenge. Its only 20 minutes a day. I can totally do that. We took some before pictures today, which I will reveal when I have after pictures... The "befores" are not pretty. The first level is really quad and hamstring intense with a little bit of arms and abs too. Today is day 2 and my tush hurts, for real. I'll have a bikini butt in to time.

Doing it with the hubbs makes things a lot easier. We can motivate each other, and the workout seems to go by quicker when someone is suffering with you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're suffering together... there's no better way to do it :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it must be resolution time. Brian and I just started the 4 Hour Body "Slow Carb" diet. 6 days of no carbs, then a day of binging on every disgustingly delicious thing we can imagine. I'm 36 hours in, and 3 pounds lighter. Maybe 30 days in, we will do the shred? It will certainly be easier when we are the projected 20 pounds lighter. Yeah, I'm still skeptical. On the bright side, I learned how to cook 3 different types of fish last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copy cat! We are on day 14 or so of the Shred. Well Andrew has been doing the gym lately instead b/c he needs more cardio. I have really found it to be worth it, it's only 20 mins but I've seen a difference in myself! I love it. I know at some point it will lose it's power but for now, I'm happy. That was until I tweaked my neck during the warm up yesterday and had to take a few days off. Keep it up! You're gonna look even hotter in a few weeks. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

    ReplyDelete