Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baking the night (day?) away

I am working night shifts this week. No, not by choice. I have to switch my sleep/wake cycle. My life is already a constant state of tired and read-for-bed, but now I am supposed to sleep when its daylight out? I have only worked 1 of the 3 shifts and my body is already out of whack. And to boot, I got my period. (Like the internet wants to know that)

I tried to stay awake last night while Nick slept all warm and cozy, but (a few episodes of Scrubs and Better Off Ted later) I only lasted until 2am. When I woke up, the plan was to go to the gym to tire myself out... That did not happen. Made me an eggwhite omelet and started baking.

You'd probably think I made something very chocolate, considering my current condition. Nope. I went for buttery and yum: Blondie's with Maple Butter Sauce (courtesy of Secret Recipe Blog ). Its supposed to be like Applebee's Blondie dessert recipe.

Was not difficult at all - but Warning! This is not a health conscious recipe. For the maple syrup sauce, I had some real Canadian maple syrup that we got from Rico (a true Canadian). And I did not have walnuts on hand (and was not feelin' walking to the grocery store in the cold), so I used almond slices.





I'm cutting it open tonight at work to share with some of the ladies. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm... sorry about your "condition" but I'm pretty sure that it'll go away after about a week ;) Hang in there sista!

    ReplyDelete